CCB & CLIP presentation at 8/16/08 BOD

• 0 Replies

Ann Redmond

• Board of Directors
  • In the ANF, photo by Shirley Denton2010
on: September 01, 2008, 09:05:29 PM
Here's a link to the project I did the presentation on re: the Cooperative Conservation Blueprint and the Critical Lands & Waters Project.  As I mentioned at our meeting, I essentially used their presentation with some minor tweaks.  From the Century Commission website:

http://www.centurycommission.org/current_projects.asp#CLIP

"CLIP is the Century Commission’s flagship project led by Thomas Hoctor, Ph.D., of the GeoPlan Center at the University of Florida and Jonathan Oetting of the Florida Natural Areas Inventory of Florida State University. CLIP uses science and the best available statewide spatial data to show Florida's critical environmental resources in a database that can be used as a decision-support tool for collaborative statewide and regional conservation and land use planning to envision and ensure the sustainability of Florida’s green infrastructure and vital ecosystem services. CLIP version 1 is now available in draft.

The initial consensus recommendations for Florida’s conservation priorities have been completed by the CLIP science team, which includes the large Technical Advisory Group.

The science recommendations will be vetted with rural landowners, state agencies, Regional Planning Councils, and other stakeholders throughout 2008 via the Cooperative Conservation Blueprint (CCB) Initiative, led by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission in partnership with the Century Commission and the CCB steering committee. The goal is to develop a strategic plan for land and water conservation in Florida, using a new and broader range of conservation incentives with a shared view of the priorities"

;D  8)