FNPS Support for "Wildlife Matters"

• 5 Replies

Cindy Liberton

• FNPS members
  • Hernando Chapter, FNPS Steering Committee 2013
  • Communications is my game.
    • Next Steps Collective, LLC
on: March 12, 2006, 08:58:24 PM
Please post your opinion on the following. Also, if you agree we should pursue this, what should we ask for in return?

Tracy McCommon contacted Bob to ask FNPS for $1500 to help distribute 5 DVD's to public TV stations around the state. 

The five are:
Audubon Center for Birds of Prey
Preserving Large Tracts of Land
Creating a Backyard Habitat
Balancing Conservation and Development
Florida Ecosystems & Their Endangered Animals

Number 6 is "Unique Landscapes using Florida Native Plants" that several Excomm members reviewed.  There is a 7th, "Garden Design Ideas from Nature" but that's still being produced.  The Wildflower License Plate payed for #6 and #7.  She's got a commitment from Tarflower Chapter for another $1000.

Bob has previewed the DVDs.  He reports that Numbers 1 and 2 are OK, but not that FNPSy.  Numbers 3, 4, and 5 are excellent.  They feature people like Mark Hostetler, Walter Kingsley Taylor, and Cammie Donaldson.

The question to the Board will be whether we should commit the $1500. Tracy has promised to give FNPS credit.  At least two already plug our website and AFNN as well.
Cindy Liberton
Hernando Chapter

ecotypes2

Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 11:37:27 PM
Can Bob provide any feedback on the DVD's that he liked and his sense of what they cost to complete and reproduce?

Shirley

travismac

Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 09:26:55 PM
We should take every opportunity to get "air" time, as along as we can afford it. I would vote yes. Travis

Cynthia Plockelman

Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 11:36:21 PM
These sound good, but I think I would want to see the ones considered "questionable" first.

Cynthia

Please post your opinion on the following. Also, if you agree we should pursue this, what should we ask for in return?

Tracy McCommon contacted Bob to ask FNPS for $1500 to help distribute 5 DVD's to public TV stations around the state. 

The five are:
Audubon Center for Birds of Prey
Preserving Large Tracts of Land
Creating a Backyard Habitat
Balancing Conservation and Development
Florida Ecosystems & Their Endangered Animals

Number 6 is "Unique Landscapes using Florida Native Plants" that several Excomm members reviewed.  There is a 7th, "Garden Design Ideas from Nature" but that's still being produced.  The Wildflower License Plate payed for #6 and #7.  She's got a commitment from Tarflower Chapter for another $1000.

Bob has previewed the DVDs.  He reports that Numbers 1 and 2 are OK, but not that FNPSy.  Numbers 3, 4, and 5 are excellent.  They feature people like Mark Hostetler, Walter Kingsley Taylor, and Cammie Donaldson.

The question to the Board will be whether we should commit the $1500. Tracy has promised to give FNPS credit.  At least two already plug our website and AFNN as well.

begolf

Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 11:01:14 AM
To Cynthia's point,  DVD 1 and 2 are pro-environment, just not as FNPS oriented as 3, 4, & 5.  One details an Audubon Bird of Prey hospital; the other discusses buying land to save it from development.  Bob E.

Daphne Lambright

• FNPS members
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 10:29:22 AM
Based on Bob Egolf's reviews, I think we should support the distribution of DVDs 3, 4, and 5. The missions of other environmental groups can support the distribution of DVDs 1 and 2.

We should receive at least one complete set (1-7) of DVDs for our support. What other organizations/agencies are supporting this series? What percentage of the distribution costs will FNPS be providing? This will help determine how much promotion FNPS should request.