2016 FNPS Board of Directors Meeting, Thursday, February 18 at 7:00 pm

• 12 Replies

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
on: January 31, 2016, 07:29:32 PM
Notice for FNPS, Thursday, February 18, 2016 Board of Directors Meeting.

Agenda -  Posted on the Forum - Feb 16, 2016  at
http://www.forum.fnps.org/index.php?action=post;board=3.0 
Please let me know if you have any changes, additions or deletions to the Draft Agenda

Reports are Due Monday, Feb 15 for ByLaws, Nominating Committee – slate of officers, Palmetto Awards, Conference update, and Retreat update for March 11-13.

1.  Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/704607669
2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (872) 240-3212
Access Code: 704-607-669
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 704-607-669
GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy®
Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad®, Android® or Windows Phone® device via the GoToMeeting app.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:58:08 PM by Anne Cox »
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 03:35:26 PM
The ByLaws committee submitted the 2016 ByLaws revision and it is posted under the ByLaws Committee Forum site at
http://www.forum.fnps.org/index.php/topic,1176.msg2330.html#msg2330
 Please read the ByLaws and post your comments at that site. 

Please note that  I am also posting the BylawsRevised_Draft_1-24_16 here for your convenience. Thanks, Anne Cox for Daphne Lambright
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

Kim Zarillo

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Treasurer
  • Treasurer
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 02:42:00 PM
1. Motion: Send an one-time remittance of $271.70 to the Naples Chapter for Chapter Support to replace a check not cashed in the required 90 day time restriction.

2. Motion: Approve the following 2016 Budget amendments:
Increase travel ($1410.00) for contractors to attend meetings and the 2016 conference, and for the President to visit chapters by from moving $500 from the Education budget item and moving $910 from the Landscape Contractor budget item.

Delete: Grant planned for 2016 Stanley Smith Trust income and Landscape Print/Shipping Expenses $23,500 leaving $150 in for printing Draft Garden 101 Brochures.
Adjust income of Cuba Trip to $4500.

This leaves $905 net revenue for 2016
$220,153        Income

$219,248 Expenses

$905 Net revenue

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 01:13:24 PM
The Coalition held a Quarterly meeting on Thursday Jan 7. Three new organizations were approved for  membership.  See attached report for details.

Also attached are my notes, such as they are. A brief summary at the top distills a few interesting points. Scan the pdf, if something pique's your interest and you'd like more info, let me know.

Thanks to FNPS BOD for being a Sawgrass sponsor this year! The Coalition really appreciates our participation.  If you or your company would like to be sponsors or assist with sponsoring students who would like to attend the conference. Checkout www.Evergladescoalition.org

Report also posted at http://www.forum.fnps.org/index.php/topic,1254.0.html

BY Joan Bausch, Everglades Coalition Representative.
Posted by Anne Cox
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:16:21 PM by Anne Cox »
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

JulietRynear

Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 05:40:18 PM
Executive Assistant report is attached.  See also the latest draft of the Annual Retreat Agenda and registration notice, Palmetto Awards announcement, and a 2015 year-in-review survey for Chapters. 

JulietRynear

Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 07:21:28 PM
Conservation Committee Motion:

Encourage the Conservation Committee to pursue partnerships with Florida Universities, the Florida Association of Native Nurseries (FANN), and the Florida Wildflower Foundation (FWF) for the purpose of promoting ex situ research, cryopreservation, and conservation of Florida’s rarest plant species.

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 03:41:11 PM
REQUEST TO BOARD MEMBERS
Hi Anne,
I’m the new(ish) coordinator for the Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail, on the job since May 1. I was hoping you could help me with something.

I’m trying to convene a steering committee to help guide the future of the Trail. I see the FFNPS as an important partner. After all, we are after the same goal: increasing public appreciation for habitat in order to forward conservation.

With all that being said, I’m looking for a member of your board (or you) who would like to serve on the steering committee. We would likely meet quarterly with our first meeting happening hopefully in March or April. While our first meeting would be in person, I anticipate holding other meetings via phone or Adobe Connect.

Can you help me identify someone from your board who might be interested in helping with this? Would you be interested yourself?

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this in more detail I’m available at the contact information below.

Thanks so much!
Whitney

Whitney Gray
Certified Ecologist
Coordinator, Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail
FWC
620 S. Meridian St.  5B4
Tallahassee, FL 32399
850-488-9478

http://floridabirdingtrail.com/
https://www.facebook.com/floridabirdingtraill
https://twitter.com/MyGFBT
Instagram @GREATFLORIDABIRDINGTRAIL
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

ataylor

Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 08:58:29 PM
Development Director report attached. Updated on 2-18-16 to reflect new confirmed sponsor.
2016 conference sponsorship flyer was originally attached, removed for editing.

No motions but do have a question: Disney Conservation Fund grant application requires a physical address for delivery if awarded. They do not accept PO Boxes.  What should we do?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:24:10 PM by Andy Taylor »

Winnie Said

Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 01:50:37 PM
The nominating committee report is attached

JulietRynear

Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 02:28:22 PM
Concerns about the Conference Sponsor Flyer:

• The Board of Directors voted at the last meeting to make our Development Director the sole contact for all grants and funding opportunities.  There are 2 contacts listed on the flyer.
    There are a number of typographical errors, including FNPS written as FRNPS (see attached)

JulietRynear

Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 08:18:32 AM
Since we are currently without a Landscape Committee Chair, the attached report was written and submitted by Karina Veadry.  Please note that the following people listed as Committee members in the report are not currently FNPS members:

Karina Veadry
Lauren Greer
Norm Isbell
Quinn Liebfriend
Robert Fenton
Dottie Hanna
Frank Gabry
Gabbie Milch
Jim Couillard
Kathyrn Pordeli

Additional materials (Landscape Awards announcement, etc.) will be submitted by Renee Stambaugh
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:20:15 AM by Juliet Rynear »

DHigginbotham

Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 05:20:38 PM
Please see attached reports from the Finance Committee and the Membership Committee

Marlene Rodak

• FNPS members
  • Conference Committee Chair
  • 2014 Conference Chair
Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 08:05:18 PM
I'm very sorry this is so late.  I'm tremendously busy and still clearing my schedule.