• FNPS WebTeam
  • FNPS WebTeam
    • FNPS
on: July 23, 2005, 09:27:44 PM
Posted by George Kish

I have started putting together a bloom chart based upon monthly
articles written by Sally Sun for our chapter newsletter. I am trying to list
perennials by bloom period, but it is a tall task. Has anyone done this for
their chapter? This would be a great outreach tool. I think the Burpee seed catalog used to have such a chart and I found it very useful.
FNPS WebTeam

Joan B

Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 11:38:07 AM
This is a good idea. We need to follow-up.  It could be collated into a useful brochure for chapters to hand out. Since many hands make light work, we will need to divide the job into do-able segments, as George suggests (chapter level), ( unless someone out there already has info collected and would like to help FNPS and its chapters!)

FNPS is closing in on 3000 members. This is a nice tool to try to reach potential members as well as educate some of our newer members. Thanks George!

Do our AFNN cohorts have this info readily available? We should ask. We had a very nice meeting and BBQ with members of FNPS BOD and AFNN at the Green Seasons nursery (Parrish, Manatee Cty) on Sat. Glad to meet them! Hope we can be of greater support to each other. 

weasles

Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 06:31:27 PM
This project sounds like a great outreach program for the whole state - Chapter by Chapter.  What kind of time-frame are you thinking? Many of us have scribbled notes here & there of bloomtimes.
New & interested FNPS members are looking for this type of information.

Dick Workman

• FNPS members
  • Coccoloba Chapter Rep
Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 01:33:43 AM
Marty Roessler has kept a monthly record of blooming plants for many years for the Dade Chapter. Dick Workman

lwoodbury

Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 04:29:00 PM
Dade Chapter is actively creating a database of South Florida Blooming Native species seen on our monthly field trips over the past 30 years. Founding member Marty Roessler has kept extensive notes and Board member Dr Eric von Wettberg with his FIU students are organizing Marty's data for the web.