Membership draft report-BOD 25 Oct 2008

• 1 Replies

lwoodbury

on: October 25, 2008, 12:12:07 AM
Membership Committee suffered extreme tragedy in 2008 with Mary Ann Bolla's untimely passing and Lynka Woodbury's strange chronic illness. Activity slowed. We are trying to get back up on track.
Holidays MegaMembership Challenge:
*Two members claimed giving 4 or more gifts: they both received 3 year old Serenoa living palms rewarded at the 2008 conference. Where are the rest of you? I will poll chapters to see if we have any more winners. I'm sure they are out there. Please contact me if you know of FNPS members presenting 4 or more gift memberships between Dec 07 and Earth Day 22 Apr 08.
*We will check membership records with Cammie to determine which Top Three Chapters in the State gave the most gift memberships, they will each be awarded Free 4-day registrations to the 2009 Conference to raffle off within their chapters.
* Regretfully no chapter increased their membership 100%. We still like the flag idea.
We urge to continue the Holidays MegaMember Challenge--Continue from Dec 08 thru Earth Day 09-- or fabricate a new challenge. Any thoughts, ideas are welcome.
2. Our committee needs another Co-chair. Any volunteers or suggestions?
3. MemberGram will go out for Halloween to chapter member managers.
4. Any ideas for new Challenge or Promotion?
5. We have received many comments complaining of the increase membership dues from $25 to $35 when it comes time to renew. We seem to have the biggest problem with renewals.
6. Promotion One Idea: When memberships can be purchased directly on line with Visa, Mastercard, we propose to sponsor a promotional First Month Free (or first 2 or 3 months free)The credit card will be charged 30 days later (or 60 or 90) and then each year. Only a few will change cards; we can then call for another card; but most of us are creatures of habit and keep the same card year after year protecting our credit rating. This Free First Month Promotion should help with renewal problems.
EVERYONE LIKES TO GET SOMETHING FOR FREE!
For example, Sierra Club gives a free 1892 Style Rucksack style John Muir used, with 1892 Club Logo, for $25 up membership.
7. Promotion Two: Give a logo gift with membership such as backpack, license plate holder, water jug, we can research it and come up with easy ideas.
8. Reminder that Mary Ann Bolla always continuously pushed for a senior or monetary hardship discount membership category, same as student and library.[/list]

Joan Bausch

Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 12:16:03 AM
I have noticed in our chapter that several family memberships have become individual memberships.... so our initial concern seems to have had some substance. I would think that we need a discounted rate. Don't know what it should be called and how to determine who is eligible.

Joan B