2015 FNPS Board of Directors on-line Meeting Thursday, April 23 at 7:00 pm

• 14 Replies

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
on: March 27, 2015, 12:04:56 PM
FNPS Board Members
The Agenda is Posted 
 Reports are due by Midnight April 20. Please contact Report Authors with questions prior to the Board meeting. Thanks for reporting on time.
Anne Cox, President

Below is the Online meeting information for the April 23, 7:00 PM meeting
1.  Please join my meeting, Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/377142685
2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (657) 220-3412
Access Code: 377-142-685
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 377-142-685
GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy®
Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad®, Android® or Windows Phone® device via the GoToMeeting app.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:08:18 AM by Anne Cox »
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

Debra Klein

• FNPS members
  • Education Committee Chair, Cocoplum Chapter Rep
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 11:25:05 AM
See attached.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:15:41 PM by Shirley Denton »

Paul Schmalzer

• Board of Directors
  • Science Advisory Chair
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 11:58:51 AM
April 2105 Science Advisory Committee Meeting
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:16:53 PM by Shirley Denton »

JulietRynear

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 01:08:22 PM
Conservation Committee Report
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:15:57 PM by Shirley Denton »

Karina Veaudry

• FNPS members
  • Landscape Committee Chair
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 05:13:26 PM
Landscape Committee Leadership Change -  While she will remain a member of the Landscape Committee,  Karina Veaudry, is stepping down as Chairperson and Jenny Welch of the Pine Lily Chapter has been nominated to take her place.  Jenny is active in her chapter and has served as Chapter Representative, President and Conservation Committee Chair over the years.
Her passions lie with providing information and education to citizens and government staff.  Jenny regularly attends local commission meetings and is always up to date on FNPS mission related topics in the region.   Jenny spends a lot of time with regional activism and advocacy and ensures that native plants and native plant communities are properly represented and included in ordinances and major developments.   She actively engages dialog with government staff, reviews landscape ordinance updates and provides resources on a consistent basis.
Jenny organizes and attends several outreach events per month.  She will now take her active regional goals and lead at the state level providing the FNPS Landscape Committee with action plans and organization of the committee members’ talents to produce resources, update best management practices and enhance the Society’s vision and image related to the landscape industry.  READ JENNY WELCH'S EXTENDED BIO ATTACHED.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:30:47 PM by Karina Veaudry »

Marvette Bagwell

• Conference Chair 2016
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 07:52:41 AM
2016 Conference Committee Report
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:27:25 PM by Marvette Bagwell »

Shirley Denton

• Administrator
  • Communications Committee Chair
    • www.ShirleyDenton.com
Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 02:15:19 PM
See attached.

I want feedback from the BOD on the proposed logo update.  The remainder of the report could be on the consent agenda.
Shirley Denton

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 03:08:47 PM
Membership information

I have attached the membership brochure and 2 bids for the Board meeting. The only thing that needs to be done to the Brochure is add the legal wording about charities. Leslie will do that after the BOD checks everything else over.  I hope the BOD will review the brochure and bids before the meeting. We have over $1000 to work with.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.
Jonnie Spitler
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:10:33 PM by Anne Cox »
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

Dave Feagles

• Chapter Council
  • Serenoa Chapter Rep
Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 09:04:11 PM
I was concerned about the FNPS membership being knowledgeable enough to vote on proposed activities generated by FNPS governance. Anne asked me to query the Wiki for information regarding the role of the nominating committee. The only reference I found was a link to the 2010 (outdated) FPS bylaws. When I check the current bylaws there was very little direction beyond. The Nominating committee composition and the single responsibility "... whose duty shall be to prepare a slate of one or more candidates for each office, including Directors at Large,...",followed by the means for promulgating that information. 

I would like to see the information about the candidates disseminated to the general membership. Minimally a bio. And if there are more than one candidates for an office, some sort of position paper made available to help the membership make an informed decision. Ideally, this would be sent well in advance of the election; the standard appears to be three weeks. Additionally, it would be best to have this information as an inclusion in the conference program.

Debbie Chayet

• FNPS members
Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 09:31:06 PM
VP Admin April Report is posted. Thanks!
Debbie

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 10:09:43 AM
Attached is the President's report
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

Marlene Rodak

• FNPS members
  • Conference Committee Chair
  • 2014 Conference Chair
Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 10:48:58 AM
Attached is the Conference Committee Report.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Otherwise, I look forward to our chat this evening.

Marlene

Kim Zarillo

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Treasurer
  • Treasurer
Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 12:17:34 PM
Report attached
The Villages Chapter requested $250 start up funds.
Motion: Increase budget for $250 Chapter Support to the Villages Chapter.
Thank you, Kim
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:27:06 PM by Kim Zarillo »

Julie Becker

• Chapter Council
  • Tarflower Chapter Rep
Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 05:22:19 PM
Council of Chapters Report

Marlene Rodak

• FNPS members
  • Conference Committee Chair
  • 2014 Conference Chair
Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 07:36:11 PM
Thanks, Dave.  We actually need this bio information right away to include it in the conference program.  It is being compiled NOW.  So, I hope there is a serious sense of urgency.

Thank you for all you do.

Marlene Rodak